Betting or buying official tickets, UK players can play the biggest lottery in the world if they know where to look!
If you’re in the UK, You can now place bets or buy tickets for the US PowerBall online. But how is that possible? How can you play the biggest lottery in the world from another country?
The answer is by joining websites like Lottoland and The Lotter. At Lottoland, you can bet on the outcome of the US PowerBall, whereas theLotter.com allows you to buy official tickets to enter the draw. One method is betting; the other is buying tickets – both are gambling. But either way, you can still win the US PowerBall prizes and even the jackpot regardless of which method suits you.
Odds of winning85%
Ticket prices and bet cost89%
US Powerball lotto site offers90%
Next PowerBall Draw
10 things you need to know about the US PowerBall lottery
- The US PowerBall draw time is 4am UK time every week on Thursday and Sunday. That’s Wednesday and Saturday evening in the US at 11pm eastern time.
- It’s got a minimum jackpot of $40 million (about £26 million) with average US Powerball jackpots reaching many hundreds of millions.
- There are 9 ways to win a prize in the US PowerBall. Each prize is a set cash amount, except the jackpot.
- To win a prize, the odds of winning in the US PowerBall lottery draw is 1 in 24.9. It’s always 1 in 24.9 no matter how many tickets sell or how big the jackpot.
- US PowerBall invites players from 44 states, Washington DC, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands!
- It’s got a previous record jackpot of $1.586.5 billion (about £1.2 billion).
- You can multiply non-jackpot wins by up to 10x by selecting a PowerPlay option.
- If you want to know how to buy US PowerBall tickets in the UK, you can use theLotter.com who buy official tickets on your behalf.
- Tier 1 wins on the US PowerBall are paid out in a 30-year annuity or as a 39.6% discounted lump sum. Any prize above $1500 (about £1157) is subject to a tax rate of 38% for non-residents.
- A US PowerBall ticket price starts from $2 in the US. If you’re a UK customer using a lotto site, then tickets start from £3.86 and increase to £5.89 if you add PowerPlay. At UK.Jackpot.com you can bet on the US PowerBall draw from £3.50 per line.
How to play the US PowerBall online
Whether you’re betting on the US PowerBall or buying official tickets using a UK lotto site, the same rules apply. Choose 5 numbers from the main pool of 1–69 and 1 further number, known as the ‘PowerBall, from a pool of 1-26. Depending on where you’re playing, you might have the option to use PowerPlay. If you select PowerPlay, this will increase the ticket cost but can multiply non-jackpot wins by up to 10x.
Buying or betting? Our best US PowerBall lottery sites
With UK customers looking to play US PowerBall, we went looking for the top offers on tickets and bet slips. So whether you’re betting or buying, here are the best US PowerBall deals if you want to play or bet on the biggest lottery in the world.
Buying OfferBuy 3 official US PowerBall tickets with PowerPlay multiplier for £17.39Go The LotterGet up to 25% multi-draw discount
Buying OfferBuy 3 US PowerBall lotto tickets for £14.97Go Giant LottosGet a MegaPower Bundle of 2 x US Powerball + 2 x Mega Millions tickets for £18.95
Betting OfferBet on the US PowerBall draw with 6 lucky dips for only £21Go UK.Jackpot.comDiscounts available on monthly and 3 monthly subscriptions
Betting OfferMake 3 single line bets on the US PowerBall lottery for just £9Go LottolandJoin a lottery betting syndicate with 5 shares of 252 US Powerball lines for £50