UK players can choose Mega Millions numbers by betting on the draw or buying tickets!
Odds of winning, draw dates, rules, how to play, and the best UK lotto sites to buy tickets or bet on the Mega Millions.
If you’re looking to win the lottery, and let’s face it, we all are – only two lotteries matter. One is the US Powerball lotto; the other is the USA Mega Millions. Both lottos produce some of the biggest jackpots on the planet. On this page, we’ll be looking at the latter.
If you want to buy MegaMillions UK tickets or bet on the outcome of the Mega Millions draw; here is everything you need to know and the best sites to play.
Odds of winning85%
Ticket prices and bet cost89%
Mega Millions lotto site offers90%
MegaMillions lotto: 15 things you need to know
- The MegaMillions lotto draw takes place on Tuesday and Friday in the US at 11pm. In the UK, the Mega Millions drawing time is 4am on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Like the US Powerball, it’s got a minimum jackpot of $40 million (about £26 million).
- The odds of winning a prize in the MegaMillions lotto is slightly better than the US Powerball at 1 in 24.
- There are 9 ways to win the USA Mega Millions with prizes ranging from £1.40 to many hundreds of millions of pounds.
- Mega Millions lotto is the only big jackpot game where second prizes can be as high as $5 million if the player has purchased the optional Megaplier.
- You can buy US Mega Millions UK tickets from TheLotter or bet on the outcome of the draw at Jackpot.com.
- Mega Millions began on August 31, 1996 as the Big Game.
- One winning ticket holder scooped a jackpot of $1.537 billion in October 2018.
- If you win a MegaMillions jackpot, you can choose how to be paid: Cash Option or Annual Payout. Annuity option: Provides for an initial annual payment followed by 29 annual payments. Each payment is 5 percent larger than the previous one. Cash option: A one-time, lump-sum payment that is equal to all the cash in the Mega Millions jackpot prize pool.
- Players must select 5 numbers between 1-70 and 1 bonus number from 1-25.
- If you add the MegaPlier option to your ticket, you can win up to 5 times the amount of all prize tiers except the jackpot.
- Drawings are usually held at the studios of WSB-TV in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Winners of Tier 1 Jackpot, Tier 2 $1,000,000 and Tier 3 $10,000 prizes will pay a reduction (tax) of 38%.
- Tickets start at $2 in the US, but UK players can bet from £3 or buy tickets at £3.88 using lottery sites. If you’re betting, you pay more to cover the insurance agency. Buying tickets means you pay a fee for the ticket agents. In either case, you can win the same prizes from the draw. Another bonus is the subscription discount on multiple-draws.
- The jackpot grows by a minimum of $5 million every time the draw rolls over.
USA MegaMillions lottery rules and how to play
First, decide whether you are betting on a draw or buying tickets. You can see our best offers below and what type of lottery sites. Then, choose 5 numbers between 1 and 70, followed by the MegaBall, between 1 and 25.
Look for the option of Megaplier, you’ll pay for it, but it can multiply wins by up to 5x. If you see it, and you want it, select it.
You’ll then need to choose a draw, Wednesday, Saturday, or Wednesday and Saturday. Some subscriptions will get you a multi-draw discount.
Now, it’s just a case of waiting for the results. One of the perks of using a lottery site is the automatic update – if you’re a winner, you’ll find out quickly in your account.
Where to bet or buy tickets from the UK
If you want to play Mega Millions online from the UK, these websites offer either betting or ticket purchases. As the most trusted and regulated brands, they are safe and legitimate MegaMillions lotto destinations.
Buying OfferBuy 5 MegaMillions tickets with Megaplier for £29.03Go The LotterGet up to 25% multi-draw discount
Buying OfferBuy 3 SUPA-QP quick select tickets for £14.97Go Giant LottosGet a MegaPower Bundle of 2 x US Powerball + 2 x Mega Millions tickets for £18.95
Betting OfferBet on 2 lines in 8 MegaMillions draws for £39.98Go UK.Jackpot.comDiscounts available on monthly and 3 monthly subscriptions
Betting Offer3 bets on the draw results with added Megaplier for just £12Go LottolandBuy 5 syndicate shares of 504 bets for £75